Products – Vertic Zinc Wires And Rods
Based on long experience in producing continuous casting systems VERTIC ZINC WIRE Oy produces zinc wire in top quality (High Grade) in all common diameters and packaging for the flame- & arc-spray process.
In manufacturing of Vertic Zinc Wires only Special High Grade Zinc +99,995 % virgin ingots are accepted to guarantee the high purity, trouble free operation and high conductivity surface.
- When Flame gun is used we recommend Vertic S wire to be utilised.
- In case of Electric arc gun either Vertic S or Vertic M is used.
- With long hoses or when Al and Zn wires are sprayed simultaneously Vertic H wires are recommended.
|nominal||< 0,003||< 0,003||< 0,002||< 0,001||< 0,001|
|Melting point||419,6 oC|
|Boiling point||907 oC|
|Electrical conductivity||0,166 106 /cm Ω|
|Tensile strength N/mm2||< 100 (±5)||100-120 (±5)||> 120 (±5)|
|Elongation at rupture||60–100 %||40–80 %||30–60 %|
- purity Zn > 99,995 %, EN 117921
- low Cadmium content, Cd 0,0002 – 0,0005 = only ca. 50 % of the highest content allowed according to EN 117921
- remarkable adhesiveness of zinc
- clean and smooth surface of the wire (good electric conductivity and high durability of nozzle)
Advantages of using zinc wire spraying in anti-corrosion surface treatment technology:
- a sprayed zinc surface is a very good base for painting because of the porosity, but the painting shall be made immediately after spraying so no corrosion products are produced.
- it is possible to spray large pieces that don´t fit in basins for hot galvanizing.
- the work can be done on the spot (bridges, balustrades) and it is possible to spray special thicknesses.
- the surface to be coated doesn´t get warm, i.e. there are no alterations in the structure due to the heat.
- the lifetime of the spray coating can be estimated in most surroundings on the basis of the layer thickness. That makes it possible to carry out a systematical plan of maintenance.
- if the painted layer gets broken, the sprayed zinc layer protects the steel construction from corrosion cathodically.
Packing of rods and wires
The rods (especially the longer ones) are often packed in wooden boxes measuring 360 x 360 x 1200 mm. These contain about 500 kg of clean and pure Vertic rods. Also hard paper barrels and other ways of packaging can be used, adequate quantities provided.
Hard paper barrel 250 kg outer diam. 510 mm, height 670 +-5 mm
Hard paper barrel 150 kg outer diam. 510 mm, height 600 +-5 mm
Hard paper barrel 100 kg outer diam. 510 mm, height 400 +-5 mm
Coil 25 kg outer diam. ca 500 mm
Plastic spool 20 kg outer diam. 300 mm, height 103 mm
Zinc in coils and hard paper barrels are mainly used for the flame spray process, while for arc spraying 2,0 mm, 2,3 mm and 2,5 mm in barrel and on plastic spools are prevalent.
Adequate quantities provided, other forms of packaging can be made upon request. E.g. steel barrels of 400 kg.